The goal of Hand in Hand Preschool, a 4 star Parent Aware rated preschool program, is to help preschoolers enter school with the skills and behaviors necessary to be successful in future learning. Our programs follow the Caledonia Area School District calendar and are located in the Early Childhood wing of the Caledonia Area Elementary School, 511 West Main Street.
For more information, call the Caledonia Area Community Education Office at 507-725-5139.
Please note the following:
- Each Wednesday ends at 2:20pm for district wide early release.
- Hand in Hand Preschool follows the school calendar, and Hand in Hand preschool will follow the district for snow days, late starts, and early releases.
- If your student needs care on snow days, late starts, early releases, and/or no school days, they need to be registered for the daycare/preK option.
- A $35 registration fee is due at registration to secure your child’s enrollment.
- Children must be potty trained to attend 4K preschool.
- Immunization, emergency and enrollment forms must be on file before the first day of school.
- Parents must attend the open house on Thursday, August 11th, 2022 from 4-6pm to set up online Schoology accounts.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for transporting students to preschool.
- Hand in Hand Preschool students can ride the bus to or from school with a busy buddy.
- The Semcac bus will be available for transporting students, for a fee. You must complete a transportation request form. Semcac determines if they are able to transport your child. Contact Semcac at (507) 725-3677 for more information.
Tuition Assistance and Pathways Scholarships
- Tuition Assistance for reduced tuition is available for families that qualify for the district Free/Reduced Meal Program.
- Our Head Start partnership seeks to serve families with limited income based on federal guidelines. All interested families are encouraged to apply, and staff will work with each family to determine eligibility.
- Pathway I scholarships are available for families that meet scholarship criteria and if funds are available. If you receive one of the following programs you are eligible to apply: MFIP, Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP), Food Support (SNAP), Free and Reduced Lunch, Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), Head Start, and Foster Care. You may still apply for a scholarship if you do not participate in any of the programs listed.
For more information about Hand in Hand preschool, tuition assistance, or Pathways scholarships, please contact Gretchen Juan at email@example.com