To provide the best education to empower all learners to thrive in our changing world
District AIMS and Goals
High Student Achievement
Optimal Teaching and Learning Environment
- All graduating students are prepared for career and/or post- secondary education.
- Curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional development are aligned in a clear process of learning.
- Researched based best practices are implemented into all academic and extra-curricular areas.
Efficient and Effective Operations
- Community partnerships are promoted to enhance student and community relationships.
- Progressive technology is available to expand students’ preparation for career and/or post-secondary education.
- District Core Values are integrated throughout the school community.
- Facilities are safe, well maintained and promote a learning environment.
- Professional “best practices” learning and training opportunities are provided for all staff and implementation of these practices is supported.
- At least an 8% operating reserve is achieved by the 2018 school year.
Learning – Engaging and transferring knowledge, skills, and an enduring understanding in order to think critically and to solve problems. Providing and emphasizing programming that cultivates an inclusive and well-rounded curriculum.
Respect – Recognizing the dignity of every individual, accepting our differences/diversity, and treating others the way we wish to be treated.
Integrity – Doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.
Health and Safety – Focusing on healthy mind, spirit and body and creating a safe secure and welcoming learning environment for all.
Service – Making a difference by helping others.
Adaptability – Changing and/or adjusting to meet the needs of new and different circumstances and people.
Collaboration – Working cooperatively as a learning community toward common goals.
Accountability – Focusing on results, making no excuses, owning your actions, confronting problems. Alignment of Program and Initiative Plans to District Plan and Goals