LICENSED NURSE (0.80 FTE) - PART TIME POSITION
Caledonia School District has an opening for a part-time Licensed Nurse (0.80 FTE) beginning the 2017-2018 school year. Must have a current nurse license. Please submit your cover letter, school district employment application, resume, letter of recommendations, transcripts, copy of licensure and references to Superintendent Ben Barton, Caledonia Public School District Office, 511 West Main Street, Caledonia, MN 55921 or Email: email@example.com Application deadline is June 1, 2018.
HEAD GYMNASTICS COACH FOR THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
Caledonia Area Public School District is seeking applications for a head gymnastics coach beginning the 2018-2019 school year. If interested in applying, submit your cover letter, employment application, resume and references to Caledonia Area Middle/High School, Attention: Scott Sorenson, Activities Director, 825 North Warrior Avenue, Caledonia, MN 55921. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Application deadline June 30, 2018, or until position is filled.
Caledonia Area Public School District has a part-time School Nutrition Assistant opening. Serve Safe Certified desired. Food service experience and human relation skills are preferred. If interested in applying, submit your cover letter, employment application, resume and references to Caledonia Area School District, Attention: Rita McCormick, 511 West Main Street, Caledonia, MN 55921. Application deadline May 14, 2018.
MATH ENRICHMENT TUTOR (Full-time and Part-time)
Positions begin August 2018 and run through June 2019. Positions available throughout the state. Positions require availability, every day, Monday- Friday, during regular school hours. Did you know that only 11% of students who failed 6th grade math go on to earn high school diplomas? Our goal is to help all Minnesota youth become proficient in math by the end of 8th grade and give them a better start to their futures. If you are passionate about education and math, join us and make a difference in the lives of elementary and middle school students. Become a Minnesota Math Corps tutor and help 4th-8th grade students build the core math skills needed to be successful 21st century learners. We’ll provide the training to get you started and ongoing coaching so you’ll be supported throughout your term of service.
- Provide intentional and meaningful literacy or math tutoring during all parts of the day to improve the literacy or math skills of children from preschool–8th grade.
- Assess, with high level of accuracy, child outcomes and progress using tri-annual benchmark assessments and ongoing progress monitoring assessments.
- Identify students who qualify for targeted one-on-one and/or small group tutoring services based on assessment data with direction from the Internal Coach and Master Coach; develop weekly tutoring schedule.
- Record student and program data completely and accurately in an online database on a weekly basis; maintain confidentiality of all student data.
- Participate in on-site coaching sessions (includes observation of tutor) two times per month to review student progress, plan, problem-solve, and set goals; act on constructive feedback from coaching sessions.
- Communicate with students in an age and developmentally appropriate way.
- Act on constructive feedback provided by coaches and Program Staff.
- Build professional relationships and communicate regularly with school/agency staff, Internal Coach, and the Master Coach regarding schedules, literacy strategies, student progress, etc.
- Regular, timely attendance during school hours Monday-Friday, along with before/after school hours as scheduled.
- Commitment to the entire term(s) of service, including making regular and adequate progress toward the minimum total service hours.
- Attend all required Reading Corps or Math Corps sponsored training sessions, meetings, and coaching sessions; travel as necessary.
- Perform assignments and/or duties as assigned by Internal Coach, Master Coach, or Program Manager, excluding activities that would displace a staff member.
- Represent our programs at site-sponsored activities, meetings, (e.g. family night) and other community activities (such as Martin Luther King, Jr. Day). These may include evening and/or weekend hours.
- Must be 18 years of age or older by your start date.
- Must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent by your start date.
- Must be either a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Must pass mandatory background checks.
- Basic computer skills, including the ability to navigate online systems and email.
- Speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Ability to be patient and empathetic with students that struggle with literacy or math while adhering to program model.
- Strong capacity to be flexible and adaptable to varied circumstances and personalities, paired with a conscientious commitment to adhere to the Minnesota Reading Corps and Minnesota Math Corps tutoring model with consistent follow-through.Must be able to build and maintain quality-working relationships with students, coaches, school administrators and Minnesota Reading Corps or Minnesota Math Corps program staff.
- Willingness to accept and incorporate constructive feedback from coaches and program staff.
- Ability to adapt to a sometimes challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to attend and travel to required state and regional training sessions.
- Strong personal standards of excellence, ethics and integrity.
Minnesota Reading Corps and Minnesota Math Corps will not discriminate for or against any AmeriCorps service member or applicant based on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other category protected by law. Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently
- Age 18 or older by the program start date
- Possess a high school diploma or a GED by the program start date
- Citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
Applicants who have received deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security are not eligible to serve as AmeriCorps members at this time.
Currently, AmeriCorps members are limited to four terms of service.
Tutors are paid a modest living allowance every two weeks during their service term and receive an education award upon successful completion which may be used to pay qualified student loans or tuition. Tutors over age 55 may choose to gift their education award to their child or grandchild. Tutors may be eligible for health insurance, child care assistance, and student loan forbearance during their service.
Pay: Full time Biweekly living allowance is approximately $550, Part time, approximately $275. Education award: $5,818 for full time and $2,907.50 for part time.
How to apply: www.readingandmath.net
PART-TIME ECFE PARENT EDUCATOR
Caledonia Area Community Education currently has an opening for a part-time ECFE Parent Educator. Parent and Family Education or Family Education/Early Childhood licensure required but a variance may need to be approved through the Minnesota Department of Education if not appropriately licensed. Previous experience is a plus. Interested persons should submit a letter of application, resume including references, and a copy of current Minnesota licensure, to: Nancy Runningen, Caledonia Community Education Director, 825 N. Warrior Avenue, Caledonia, MN 55921 or call 507-725-5139. This position will be opened until filled.
LICENSED STAFF SUBSTITUTES
The Caledonia Area Elementary and Middle/High Schools are seeking licensed teacher substitutes. A copy of a current Minnesota teacher licensure or a sub license with any four year degree is required. If you are interested in being a licensed substitute, please contact Karen Schiltz in the District Office at 507-725-3389.
SUPPORT STAFF SUBSTITUTES
The Caledonia Area Elementary and Middle/High Schools are seeking special educational assistant, cook and custodial substitutes. If you are interested in being a substitute, please contact Karen Schiltz in the District Office at 507-725-3389.
CROSSING GUARD SUBS ON HIGHWAY 44/76
Caledonia Area Public School District #299 is looking for crossing guard substitutes located on Highway 44/76. The on-call subs will work approximately one hour in the afternoons or mornings on school days only. If interested, complete the Non-Licensed Application below and return it to: Caledonia School District Office, Attention: Karen Schiltz, 511 West Main Street, Caledonia, MN 55921. If you have questions, please contact us at 725-3389.